Thursday, August 10, 2006

Did someone mention Plans????

Yeah seems to be a little bit of theme.. once I have mentioned something is planned it all changes.!! Now I can understand a little of how my mother felt with me growing up in her house!!!

So we, yeah, changed plans!! we left Croatia about 5 days after my last entry .. I tempted fate as ever with my bragging on-line about my day off swimming and sunbathing in the afternoon!! Think my captain must have felt the gloating vibe as no sooner had I posted that little gem of an entry I got big time told off on my return, and had to confine myself to my cabin as a preventative measure.. I musn't loose my temper you see I need the job/ cash,.... so lock and key seemed a more appropriate action than telling him where to stick it!!


(me not impressed... but slightly tanned from the naughty day off sunbathing..hehe)

The last few days in Croatia provided some amazing sunset moments


With my owner finally onboard, romancing a lady no less ! there was a lovely feel on-board...


as the ole romance is lacking, beyond belief, in my life I found solace in the fact that all these lovely romantic moments were not going to waste...





These romantic moments meant we were mainly at anchor (ie: spent nights away from ports anchored off, in secluded bays) which translates to FISHING for the crew!!! yup on my off nights (every other night) or whenever the owner went ashore for dinner I attempted fishing.. or to be more accurate the boys fished from the garage and if I was lucky I was allowed to watch..


Now, I have fished before but alas have never had a bite...however this time around I got one.. but as no one else did that night mine was apprently "too small" (PAH!) and had to be thrown back in.. I would have chewed on the little blighter, if only to eat my first ever catch.. So alas no photographic evidence.. THIS TIME!!


The owner cut short his break which meant a speedy departure from Croatia.. obviously the last night.. was as ever A LAST NIGHT!! Prue and I returned to the lovely Bar on the wall in Dubrovnik and caused havoc...

involving a prepubescent deckhand,
an American tourist and the whole bar (well definitely me and the american) decamping into the sea for a nudey midnight swim..


yup it was fun Croatia!! Hvala!!! (thank you!)

So we zoomed back to the French Riviera .. at this point i think its cool for me to mention the World Cup.. obviously I am devastated that we got knocked out.. Bloody Portugal...Bloody Ronaldhino!!.. And yeah Italy won.. I don't mean to sound the sore loser ( I AM by the way) But living with 6 Italians every waking moment has meant that this win or put in to context CAPIONE DEL MUNDO has been rammed down my throat ever since France let it all go to pot, or to Zidanes head!! I am happy for them, (honest!), and we were lucky we got to watch the Final (albeit on board) actually in Italy, in Brindisi.. the first port directly across from Croatia .. so I could hear the whole country go balastic.. We were also lucky that on route to France we stopped over at Viareggio so the crew could see all their family, and we could rest a few days avoiding bad weather AND conveniently catch the CAPIONE del MUNDO's coach (their version of Sven) come home.. he is a Viareggino!! And all that was pretty spectacular, good timing etc etc, even with bitter mouth syndrome!! But it was the replay of this final.. or more accurrately the 100 thousand times it was replayed that I have had to endure that has got me a little more than patriotically bitter.. however I do mutter everynow and then: "At least we stick to buying players NOT referees..." tee hee


And it's with that, that I sign off for now.. I have funny tales to regale about St Tropez as I write to you again from the lovely Viareggio (are you keeping up with all this jet setting) but it is getting late and I am planning to restart my failing attempts at keeping fit, keep your fingers crossed for a 7 am jog tomorrow (no laughing)!

Sleep tight!
xxx xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Back to that hole in the wall in Dubrovnik!!!!! ahhh... is the toilet / bucket still teetering on the edge there, only for the bravest / drunkest to attempt???
Now you be a good girl Amelia and try not to chin your boss... at least not till you leave.... Havala!!
Lol, Andy xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo