Sunday, March 26, 2006

Fontaine de Tarrieu, Le Lot, Southern France
2004 - 2005

After departing from the UK May 2004 for a life in Spain.. I ended up here.. Southern France!!!! DON'T.... I know my geography is a bit off.. the madness in Spain was fun


and it was a great beach lived summer




but country life beckoned!



So with my trusty steed... La Golfalina.... we headed to Le Lot...


Living here was a huge learning curve for all involved...

It was definitely "city goes country". Very entertaining for the surrounding farmers I'm sure....

The place used to be an old Foie Gras farm and we helped transform it into a French bed and breakfast style accomodation...
I got my dream of being Felicity Kendall from the Good Life.. we had a huge veggie patch and I helped raise 2 of the local orphaned sheep!!
Learning how to raise sheep on the fly proved extremely entertaining.. if not just for me but for the whole local community.. we started off using dog leads to herd them because they just wouldn't listen to us.. but after lots of escapes and finally after they munched the entire brocolli patch I think they had us sussed and we had them sussed.. they basically did what they want and we just fed and loved them...
But it must of all paid off because I'm now a proud sheep grand ma!!!



No comments: